From dispensationalists to the deists to those being slain, healed, and delivered regularly, “miracles” are as controversial as politics in a room of more than three people.
But talk about birthing a baby and the chatter and philosophizing and proselytizing dies down. There is little debate as to the miracle of life: prolife, prochoice, homebirth or a quick train to anesthesia…99% of humans agree: new life is a miracle. (And the other 1% had a lobotomy).
You and I both love a good pastor’s story of staring into the face their newborn for the first time. (We all assumed that the pastor was a man, am I right? Go with it for now.) And all of Hollywood that feeds that clean image. BUT, AND, ALSO, just minutes before and steps away, there are two beautiful, bloodied bodies that have just been through an experience that is way messier than is often described. I will spare you my now-experienced details; sufficed to say, friends!, miracles are messy.