Saturday, February 12, 2011

La Victoira Post #3

Today is our last full day in La Victoria and in the campo.  Tomorrow we will take these beautiful friends of ours to the beach!  La playa, la playa.  I don´t know if I am even spelling that right!

Today has been one of those days that I reminded myself that it was the women around Jesus that did most of the crazy stuff.  Stuff where people asked about the meaning, purpose, orworth of the action.  For example, the woman that cleaned Jesus´feet with her tears.  Today we prayed for healing for the dear, dear Biemba´s husband who is blind and mother who has cancer.  Biemba is the local leader for these women and our blessed cook for the week.  We have been doing things that it feels God is telling us to do, like putting spit on people´s eyes.  Yes, that is crazy talk.  And yes, it was done.

Hebrews 11, Now faith is being certain of what we hope for and sure of what we do not see.

And as far as all of the plans and things that are happening here and our hopes that carry us into washing these women´s feet tonight, I am lead to this Psalm.

Psalm 131, God, I´m not trying to rule the roost, I don´t want to be king of the mountain.  I haven´t meddled where I have no business or fantasized grandiose plans.  I´ve kept my feet on the ground, I´ve clutivated a quiet heart.  Like a baby content in its mother´s arms, my soul is a baby content.  Wait, Israel, for God.  Wait with hope.  Hope now! Hope always!

No comments:

Post a Comment